Who is eligible for credit union membership?
How do you become a member?
What identification do you need to bring?
Desert Schools operates within a community charter, meaning that membership is open to a variety of people living in certain segments of Arizona. If any of the statements in the box below apply to you . . . congratulations, you are eligible to become a valued member of our credit union!
Three ways to join
1. Branch: You may visit any location, and bring the following:
- Your driver's license or other official picture ID
- Social Security card or other official document noting your number
- Proof of eligibility (e.g., payroll stub, school registration)
- Cash or check for $25 minimum deposit
Minors: A certified copy of a state-issued birth certificate and original Social Security card is required to open an account for an individual under 16. (Additional identification will be required to conduct transactions.)
2. Online: Complete a membership application. Please have the following on hand:
- Your driver's license
- Social Security number
- Email address
- Joint owner information (if applicable)
- Credit card information (if paying online)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 4.0 or above)
After printing and signing your application, you may take it to a branch or mail us a notarized copy.
3. Phone: Call (602) 433-7000 between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday, to request a membership packet.