What must my insurance policy include?
Your policy must include all of the following:
- Loss payable clause, naming Desert Schools Federal Credit Union as lienholder
- Full collateral description, with collateral identification number
- Comprehensive and collision deductibles, not to exceed $1,000
- Coverage effective and expiration dates
Expired or canceled policies are not acceptable.
How do I provide Desert Schools my insurance policy?
You or your insurance agent may choose one of four ways to submit your policy:
- Enter it online at www.imcovered.com/desertschools (Reference Number 3688)
- Fax it to (866) 235-2102
- Mail it to Desert Schools Federal Credit Union, PO Box 2945, Phoenix, AZ 85062-2945
- Call our Insurance Center at (888) 222-5771, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. (PST)
How long do I have to purchase an extended warranty for my vehicle?
You have 30 days from the date your loan is funded to add it to the loan. You may purchase an extended warranty with cash at any time, as long as the vehicle qualifies. Some vehicles may require an inspection. Please visit a branch for details.
How long do I have to purchase Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP)?
You have 30 days from the date your loan is funded to add it to the loan. You have one year to purchase it, if paid with cash. Please visit a branch for details.