Vehicle Financing Options

How long does it take the dealership to send Desert Schools my paperwork once I sign the contract?

It varies. Some dealerships send the paperwork overnight for faster processing, while others send it via regular mail. You can always call the dealership to find out when it was mailed.

What is the oldest vehicle year I can finance with Desert Schools?

We offer used auto loan financing on vehicles up to 12 model years old. We also offer loans for special interest autos that are listed in the current NADA Classic, Collectible, and Special Interest Appraisal Guide.

How do I refinance my car, and what are your current rates?

If you would like to apply for an auto loan, please complete our online loan application. View current rates. Or, you can call (602) 433-LOAN to speak with our Loan Application Center.

If I purchased a vehicle at the dealership, how can I sign up for the auto pay discount?

There are several ways to sign up for the .25% auto pay discount. We mail you the form automatically when we fund your loan. You can also sign the form at the dealership and fax it in; you can stop by a branch; or, you can call the Loan Application Center at (602) 433-LOAN.

If I traded in my old vehicle toward my new one, why is my previous lender still calling me about a remaining balance?

You are legally responsible for the previous car payment until the dealership pays the lender for the remaining balance on your trade-in. Most dealerships do not send payment until your new loan is funded.

What if I want to trade in my vehicle, but the lienholder has the title?

The dealer will request that you initial and sign a Dealer Acquisition Contract and payoff authorization, in lieu of presenting a title at the time of a trade-in. Once the dealership completes the payoff of the loan, the title will be sent directly to them.

Where is my title?

As of June 2004, Arizona became an electronic title holding state.  Desert Schools holds the title electronically until the lien is satisfied.  Once the lien has been satisfied, Desert Schools will notify the Arizona Motor Vehicle Division, who will remove the lien electronically and mail an Arizona paper title, free of liens, to the owner.

If Desert Schools holds the title to my vehicle, what proof can I present to show I own the vehicle?

Your vehicle registration lists the names of the owners exactly how they are listed on the title. You can also obtain a Title and Registration Motor Vehicle Record from the Arizona MVD or

How do I replace a lost title and lien release?

If the motor vehicle record still reflects Desert Schools as lienholder, you can contact our Member Assistance Center or visit a branch for a replacement notarized lien release. For titles that were released electronically and mailed by the Arizona Motor Vehicle Department, please contact them at (602) 255-0072 or visit a motor vehicle division office to obtain a duplicate title.

Equal Housing Lender Your savings federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government. National Credit Union Administration, a U.S.Government Agency. ©2014 Desert Schools Federal Credit Union